Thursday, December 30, 2004

The house is shaking

"Wake up! The house is shaking!" my father woke from sleep at about 6.30 am. He was a bit upset. He told me the other members of my family were on the street. "Get out of the house!" he repeated.

I lay on the bed feeling the tremor as the bed shook. It was a mild tremor. I instantly realized that it was an earthquake. We don't experience earthquakes but we do feel tremors from earthquakes in the region. We had felt a similar one last year. So I lay on the bed, without worrying, till the tremors passed.

My family came back from the street. They said some of the people on the street saw parked cars also shaking.

I went back to sleep. I was awakened by the ring of my phone. It was about 9.30 am. "Where are you? There has been a tidal wave. Parts of Male' are flooded!" one of my friends broke the news.

by: niOS


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home